Eyebrow Microblading is a cosmetic tattooing procedure that fills in thin eyebrow areas to make them look fuller. Our certified Microblading specialist uses a microblade tool to apply color pigments that look like real hairs. The color effect will fade over time, so touch-ups may be necessary to maintain the desired look.
Want the best eyebrows in Kenosha? Please call the salon or personally email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Before scheduling an appointment, you must come in and fill out a consent form and receive pre-care information.
For the best Microblading in Kenosha, call 262-694-7575.
|Microblading First Service + 6 Week Touch-up|
|Microblading First Service + 6 Week Touch-up||$450|
What is Microblading?
Eyebrow Microblading, also known as eyebrow embroidery or an eyebrow tattoo, is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1–3 years, depending on skin type and skin care routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each ‘hair’ is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrows and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little-to-no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over-tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
How long does it take?
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5–3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow-up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch-ups. The second Microblading session takes place after 4–6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5–2 hours to complete.
How long does it take to heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No downtime is required after Microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7–14 days for the brows to heal over, and about one month for the color to fully set in. You’ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
Is the touch-up session necessary?
Yes! A touch-up session after 4–6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during the first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch-up session as oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch-up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
Can I get my touch-up session sooner than four weeks?
Touch-up sessions should not be done earlier than four weeks after the initial Microblading session, as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol, but not Aspirin or Ibuprofen.
How long does it last?
Since Microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1–3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skin care routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, use products with AHA or glycolic acid will fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual’s color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch-up is suggested every 12–18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
What are the pre and post-care procedures?
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post-care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- Avoid alcohol and Aspirin/Ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
- Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your everyday look you prefer.
- Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
- Within two hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled-downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and use a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 5–7 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
- Do not immerse the brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and Aspirin/Ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks after.
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
- Those using Accutane
- Have heart conditions or using heart medications
- Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
- Have skin disease or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last two weeks
- Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last two weeks
- Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
- Pregnant or nursing clients who want to microblade can be done at your own discretion. We suggest discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
*We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion.*
Risks and complications?
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and work in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post-care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications. Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
- Topical makeup products
- Gold, silver and nickel
- Hair dyes
- Patch tests should be performed 5–7 days prior.
What if I do not like it?
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists’ work and portfolio when making their decisions. Our brow technicians will do their utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the client’s satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch-up session. Pigment discoloration and color correction can also be fixed during the touch-up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch-ups are done.
What are your cancellation or missed appointment policies?
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at any time with a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to the appointment time, otherwise a fee will be charged. To book a reservation, you must provide a valid credit card that is in your name. No charges will be made at time of booking.
For a more detailed list of policies and associated fees, please click here. To cancel or reschedule, please email or call us. Clients can also do so by selecting the ‘View Appointment Details’ button on their confirmation email to reschedule themselves online. Confirmation of cancellation will be done by email or phone. We reserve the right to refuse service to clients who have cancellations or rescheduling of appointments three times in a row.